Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Almond Coconut Waffles

Here is an occasional breakfast I make. It is a grain-free, dairy free breakfast.

 Almond-Coconut Waffles.

I have changed the recipe a bit. I found the original recipe to be a little thick. These waffles don't get crispy like most waffles, but the flavor is rich and full. While my kids still put butter and syrup on them, I just eat them plain.

Cast of characters:



Ingredient notes:
  • Honey: I love local honey. Instead of getting yours from the store go to the local farmers market. I have been buying from my local beekeeper for years now.
  • I have found almond meal and coconut milk to be cheaper at Trader Joe's if you have one. Just be careful there. Some things are cheaper there and some are not.

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cup almond meal
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 2 eggs + 1 egg white
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbsp honey
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
Directions:

Mix almond meal, coconut flakes, baking soda together. In a separate bowl whisk together the wet ingredients. Add ingredients together and mix thouroughly.

Add about 1/2 cup of the mixture to the waffle maker and cook until the steam disappears.

Serve with desired toppings.

Makes about 4 large waffles.










No comments:

Post a Comment